Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Mission trip experience from Zak

Hello,
My name is Zak, and my mom and I just got back from our mission trip!
We left on the fourth of July and we got back the ninth of July.
We went to a city just outside of Pittsburgh named Wilkinsburgh.
My mom and me along with two other people from our church and seven other kids from around the country with one other adult spent the week at the Boys and Girls Club of America. Talking to the kids and playing with them. The conditions of this town is very rundown, and fortunately for me I got to talk with one of the staff members of the club. He told me that he attended the club when he was younger and now he's staff because he doesn't want to be a part of the drugs or gangs that are in Wilkinsburgh. While the week went on we played kickball, football, and dodgeball. Along with pool [they beat us most of the time.], Wii and ps2.

I was also able to meet other youth from my church and we bonded throughout the week. On Tuesday my youth group got to go dragon boat rowing. And later we went on the DuQuesne Inclines. Once we got to the top of the mountain we ate at a very nice restaurant that had a very nice view at the top of the mountain.
I was very happy to do this mission trip and I will gladly do it again!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment