Sports and homeschooling families can be a touchy subject. Either we've had bad experiences or would rather avoid them.
- Look for programs that are careful about who they pick to coach.
- Look for programs that expect parents to act maturely.
- Find out how much practice time is expected. Is there a mindset that sports come first before family?
- Find out if foul language will be tolerated from players and parents. Some programs just "do nothing."
- Ask around. Find out from your homeschooling friends if they can recommend a sports program.
- When you do sign-up for a program, be reliable and responsible.