Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh No Not Christmas!

As a newly single, Christian, homeschooling, looking for stay-at-home work so I can...stay at home...trying to get my name out there as a writer, re-inventing how I do life, now freaking out about Christmas...Mom,
I've had to re-think Christmas. And I know I'm not alone.

The pros are that living this new, financially lean and mean, yet simple lifestyle is actually easier. I'm learning to live with less and it's not all bad. My head feels clearer, my heart feels purer, and my house is less cluttered. I like it!
Do I need to find better ways to provide for my family? Yep! And I'm working on it. How about you?

So, I started thinking about Christmas and how I'm going to pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Here's some make at home gift ideas for extended family members that don't break the bank:


Rice bags. You can buy flannel remnants, sew while watching T.V. or machine stitch, load with some white rice and maybe a little lavender, and they're perfect for heating in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, to be used on a sore back. Who can't use that!

Food is always a winner! When in doubt, go for the food. Buy cello treat bags at the dollar store and stuff them with homemade cookies that are firm and don't crumble easily, like Russian tea cookies.

Baskets are useful. A beverage basket full of tea bags, coffee bags, hot cocoa, etc.

Now as for your own children...I'm still working on that one. My kids and I have suggested No presents and volunteering instead.
More to come. OR YOU can post your ideas. I'd love to hear them. Then we can share at LinkedIn (Homeschool Moms), and anywhere we want!
God Bless all of you. Jesus is the reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment