This a time of reflection.
- A time to rid complacency (See the Joel discussions on the right).
- A time to stop living a disposable life.
- A time to pass clothes back and forth between friends.
- A time to share resources.
- A time to provide tangible help to the fatherless.
- A time to consistently stay in the Word.
- A time to honor our military.
- A time to be simple.
- A time to take a look at our stress and re-evaluate.
- A time to love and not control.
Plan casual community groups where you can share resources that may help one another:
- Share coupons
- Share food purchased in bulk
- Start a paper drive for single moms (toilet paper, tissue, paper towel, etc.)
- Give clothes that you no longer need
- Provide information on free medical and dental clinics in your area
- Do you know of a mechanic who offers discounts to the military or single parents?
- Teach teens how to change the oil in their car or other car maintenance procedures.
- Share your talent. Do you know how to build shelves or fix appliances?
- Share gardening ideas.
These steps help your community and help bring people together in a way that breeds fellowship, leadership, servitude and Christian love.